Colorful. I love colorful food.
Tasteful. I love tasteful food. (Who doesn’t right?!)
What you see above is what came straight out of the slow cooker. No styling, no color editing…what you see is what you get. I think this is slow cooker food at its finest!
Oh…and the #2 reason that I love slow cooking…it’s usually “dump and run.” This is one such recipe…and I love that it literally is no fuss. No need to peak, stir, vent…nothing.
And the #1 reason…I can go about my afternoon and deal with the “attitudes of witching hour” without having to fuss with dinner prep.
But really they should be a tie. #1 and #2 reasons are equally important for this busy mama!
Side dish suggestion:
- Toast with butter (this is what we had with it)
- Other quick and easy side ideas
Slow Cooker Mango Chicken
Yield – 4 servings
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 8 hours on low
6 small boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 1/3 lb.)
Olive oil, drizzles
Red wine vinegar, drizzles
Garlic powder, sprinkles
Salt and pepper
1 small red onion, diced
1 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
1 15 oz. can diced tomatoes, drained (or 2 medium garden tomatoes)
1 mango, seeded and diced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the chicken thighs into the base of the slow cooker. Drizzle the olive oil and vinegar over the top. Season with garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Place the diced red onion, drained diced tomatoes (or cut fresh tomatoes), zucchini slices and mango pieces over top and around the chicken thighs.
- Set slow cooker on low and cook for 8 to 10 hours. Dump and run!
- Serve Slow Cooker Mango Chicken with toast, as is, or with other simple side dish.