Light. Easy. Summer. Salad.
The quinoa cooks on the stovetop in just a few minutes.Â If you really don’t want to have any heat in your kitchen, cook the quinoa in a rice cooker out on your patio. Once the quinoa is cooked, the rest is “dump and stir.”
A refreshing light salad…perfect for the dog days of summer!
Four Bean Salad with Quinoa
Yield – 4-6 servings
Prep Time – 5 minutes
Cook Time – 20 minutes
1 cup quinoa
1 can green beans, drained and rinsed
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can red beans, drained and rinsed
1 can white beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1/2 tsp Kosher salt and pepper, each
- Cook the quinoa according to package instructions.
- Once the quinoa has cooked, add the green beans, red beans, black beans, and white beans.
- Mix in the olive oil, red wine vinegar, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper.Â Mix well.
- Chill at least 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Serve for a light dinner, lunch or nibble on for a protein packed snack.