So here we have it.Â The curried chicken quinoa with peas recipe…that I will be making 3 times a week, just for Tyler.
Well, maybe not that often…but it’s certainly one I will be adding to our regular rotation!
There is so much flavor in this recipe, despite it’s simplicity. This is what I love about One Dish Dinners!
Saute the chicken pieces, chopped onion and crushed garlic in a Dutch Oven.
Stir in the canned tomatoes.
Voila. (Minus the peas.)
(Those get mixed in at the end.)
Are you ready for this “Tyler couldn’t get enough of it” recipe?!?
I hope you enjoy it as much as Tyler did!!!
Curried Chicken Quinoa with Peas
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- About 1 1/2 lb. boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 15 oz. can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 12 oz. bag frozen peas
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add the oil, chicken pieces, chopped onion and garlic to a Dutch oven.Â Saute for about 10 minutes, or until chicken pieces are mostly cooked.
- Add the diced tomatoes, undrained, curry powder, chili powder and nutmeg.Â Stir until combined and let cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the water and bring to a bubble.Â Stir in the quinoa, bring to rolling boil and then reduce heat to medium low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.Â With about 5 minutes left to cook, stir in the frozen peas.
- Turn heat to low and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Makes 4 adult portions.