I love quinoa.
I love how it’s so filling. I love that my kids lick their bowls when I make it for them. I love that it’s packed with protein. I love that it’s an inexpensive way to make a gluten free meal. And I love that you can mix just about anything with it for a delightful one dish dinner.
Tonight we have on the table a Quinoa Primavera with diced grilled chicken, peas and tomatoes from the garden. Tossed with a creamy herb sauce and topped with Parmesan cheese.
It’s the perfect combination of bold flavors…from the burst of the sweet tomatoes, to the fragrance that comes from the fresh herbs, to the little bite from the fresh garlic.
Tasteful and healthful dinner on the table in 20 minutes or less with this Quinoa Primavera.
Yield – 4 servings
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 15 minutes
1 3/4 cup quinoa
2 cups diced grilled chicken
12 oz. bag frozen peas, cooked
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
2 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup milk
2 Tbsp chopped fresh herbs, basil, oregano, parsley
2 garlic cloves, crushed
Salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese, for each serving bowl
- Boil 4 cups of water, then add the quinoa and return to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the cream cheese, milk, herbs, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Once cooked, toss the quinoa with the grilled chicken, peas, tomatoes and cream sauce. Add to serving bowls.
- Sprinkle pinchful of Parmesan cheese into each serving bowl.
- Serve Quinoa Primavera warm or chilled.
Pingback: 31 Days of Gluten Free Meals: Quinoa Primavera