Flat Freezing – One Dish Dinners Tips and Tricks

flat freezing Flat Freezing   One Dish Dinners Tips and Tricks

When it comes to batch cooking and keeping your freezer stocked full of pre-cut fruits or veggies, pre-cooked meats or sauces, it’s important to be sure that you’re making the most of the space in your freezer.

Freezing these ingredients in plastic freezer baggies and then pressing them flat and removing as much air as you can will help you squeeze as much as you can into your freezer.

(Pictured above, from top down…homemade chicken broth, mashed potatoes, strawberries, spaghetti sauce)

freezing strawberries Flat Freezing   One Dish Dinners Tips and Tricks

(Fresh cut strawberries, perfect for muffins, scones or pancakes!)

This entry was posted in How To, Tips and Tricks. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Flat Freezing – One Dish Dinners Tips and Tricks

1. joanna says:

We have applesauce, ground beef, peaches, chicken broth, breastmilk… all sorts of things flat-frozen in our freezer for exactly the reasons you mentioned! I love the convenience of storage as well as the ease of defrosting.

2. Amy says:

I am sharing with hubby- he has a hard time flat freezing.

3. Joyce says:

I really love the recipe with the red quinoa and black beans and plan to make it this week!

4. shirley morris says:

Will be trying the frittata recipe!

5. Linda says:

I’ll try the Loaded Potato Frittata

6. Diana says:

I make something similar to the loaded potato frittata, but I use rice instead of potatos. Your version looks yummy, I’ll try that this week.

7. Sharon Bolderson says:

I am going to try the Green Pepper Chili this week. I may change the recipe slightly by adding some ketchup to it. It makes chili taste really great because we don’t like a hot chili.

8. Kelly Sullivan says:

I think I may try the southwest mac and cheese

9. Cherie says:

I’m looking forward to trying the Green Pepper Chili first, then working my way through the recipes…

10. Michelle says:

I love the flat freezing! I try to do that by using a cookie sheet whenever I freeze something but sometimes I forget. The strawberries look lovely.

11. Michelle says:

I forgot to add that I’m going to try the Green Pepper Chili

12. Shelly says:

We are SOOO making that Southwest Mac and Cheese! I am so sick of the nasty orange powder junk my kid thinks is good, lol! I want GOOD stuff, REAL CHEESE!

13. Nanette says:

I really want to try the southwest mac-n-cheese. It is a good way to get the kids to try something a little different without letting them have part of an old favorite. It is a good compromise for us all.

14. Jeryl M. says:

I would like to try the southwest macaroni and cheese.

15. Betty says:

My oh my! I will be making the south west mac and cheese! First of a few on my list to make.

16. Marta M says:

We’ll be trying the southwest mac n cheese. Looks so good!

17. Pingback: Slow Cooker Applesauce – Maple Sweetened