This is easy enough that it could be a weekday morning breakfast. It does take a few minutes to get things sauteed, but only needs a few minutes to bake. So…it would be easy to fit into the morning kitchen plan…
- Turn on oven.
- Dump potatoes and ham into skillet.
- Make lunches.
- Toss the potatoes and ham.
- Holler at kids to get shoes on. And to pack their backpacks.
- Put the whole skillet into the oven.
- Make sure everyone is presentable and that shoes are on the right feet. Cut up fresh fruit. Put final touches on lunches.
- Serve warm, filling, hearty and wholesome breakfast.
- Give hugs and kisses and send everyone off to work and school.
Or, you could just try this on a leisurely weekend morning…or a weeknight “brinner.”
Ham and Potatoes Saute with Baked Eggs
Yield – 4 servings
Prep Time – 10 minutes
Cook Time – 5 to 7 minutes
1 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 bag (28 oz.) frozen diced Potatoes O’Brien
2 cups ham, diced
Salt and pepper, to taste,
Dash of Italian seasoning for serving
Side of fresh fruit
- Preheat to 350.
- Add the oil, potatoes and ham to the skillet and saute for 7 to 9 minutes. Then make a few wells for the eggs.
- Crack the eggs into each well. Then put the skillet right into the oven.
- Bake for 5 to 7 minutes, or longer if you want the egg completely baked.
- Sprinkle a little salt and pepper and some Italian seasonings onto each egg.
- Serve Ham and Potatoes Saute with Baked Eggs and a side of fresh fruit.